Shouting the Poetic Truths of High School Journal Keepers

Saturday, February 05, 2005

February 5, 1993

Yay! It's Friday. It seems like this week has gone by mighty fast. I just turned in my schedule to DR ROBERTS1, which includes the following courses (or "CURSOS" in espaƱol) --> Honors English 10, Honors Advanced Algebra, Honors Biology, PE, Homeroom/Lunch, Spanish II, and Journalism/Mass Media. Actually, I'm not sure about Journalism becuz I thought I might take Sociology, but I can always change it if I want 2. Hmmm... what else? How BOUT MY TOP FIVE? 1. Rebirth of Slick - Digable Planets 2. Hip Hop Hooray - Naughty by Nature 3. Nuthin But a "G" Thang - Dr. Dre -- Actually, that's my top three becuz I can't think of the rest. Oh well. Anne UPDATE: I was sitting at the lunch table on Wednesday, thinking 2 myself about what a bitch Anne was2, so I asked Jay to write a fake note 2 her. HA HA! What a riot! Jay wrote the following: "Dear Anne, I think you are really hot. Please call me:" and then he left Scott Sw33ny's3 phone number, and signed it "Scott" -- Then I dropped the note in Anne's locker to be read by her later. Hoo boy, this is good! I could just purchase a Crystal Pepsi RIGHT NOW and drink the contents of it in a minute! HA! You'll never guess what happens next.
--JMC 11:55 am

So, anyways, Wednesday afternoon, Jessie (?!) calls me up and sez "So, John, how are U? Do U know anyone named Scott?" and I'm like "No, no, who's Scott" and she goes, "Well, Anne got this really weird letter from a guy named Scott and it doesn't look like your or Steve's handwriting, so I was wondering if U knew him." And I sed, "Well, no. No I don't." And she's like "Oh. Okay. Bye." But then ... here's the kicker (and it's not Steve Christie) Jessie calls me up again and sez, "John, have U seen Aladdin?" And I say "NO" and she sez "Do you want 2 know where it's playing at what time?" And I'm like "No, no, not really." But then she goes into this long-winded conversation with me about how she's moving to Dayton, Ohio, blah, blah. I don't get it. It was like we were friends or something.4 Hello? U don't just call someone up like that out of the blue --
Well, gotta go
JMC - 1:19 pm

1 That is, the schedule for the following year's set of classes; Dr. Roberts was a guidance couselor who I believe retired after my freshman year.

2 I'm really not sure why Anne was such a "bitch": I suspect that part of it may have been simply that she was my ex-girlfriend, and exes were supposed to be bitches, right?

3 Sw33ney was a chubby little greaseball whom Jay was friends with but still made fun of. I recently learned that for the past few years he's been fronting an alt-rock band (their bio references Foo Fighters, Matchbox 20, and Incubus) that's toured nationally and opened for Michelle Branch, Local H, and Lucky Boys Confusion (sold-out Metro show, bro). In the ensuing years, he's gotten taller and leaner, but you can still kinda tell it's him beneath the Abercrombie sweater and sculpted hair.

4 The thing is, we were, though. Sorry, 13-year-old me, I'm gonna have to side against you on this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home