Shouting the Poetic Truths of High School Journal Keepers

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

January 26, 1994

Well, wouldn't you know it? Someone of ordinary stature or class might be thinking to themselves right about now: I suppose finals must be over at that Bolingbrook High School educational facility we hear so much about; therfore, out amigos (or nuestros amigos, si prefieres) must be on shiny brand-new sparkling clean schedules and -- wait, let me guess -- (Diane would appreciate my use of the dash) John is in homeroom right now passing around small bite-size crackers which have been poisoned with the exact same 15-year-old Kool-Aid Jim Jones used in Guyana, and deciding the fate of every single student in this here, Mr. Ken/Brett G0uld's classroom, run instead not by Mr Ken/Brett Pick a Name and Go With It G0uld (Maybe I should explain: It seems as if his name is Ken Brett G0uld, yet he prefers to go by Brett, rather than Ken. Go figure. Anyways1, he's a Republican2.) but by Mrs. Lisa B0d0uris3, who is currently reading about "[Princess] Diana's Lonely Battle."4

1 My entries up through 1994 are littered with the word "anyways," which I used freely until Ms. Breining3r informed me one day that it wasn't a real word.

2 This evidently enough to permanently tar him in my mind! I never actually had him for class myself (he taught AP European History), but he always rubbed me the wrong way. Fun fact: he was an amateur rugby player.

3 P.E. teacher. (The homeroom she supervised had to be held in G0uld's room as she had no classroom of her own.)

3 Presumably in People.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home