Shouting the Poetic Truths of High School Journal Keepers

Monday, January 17, 2005

January 17, 1996

I am presently 60% through with my finals on this foggy day in Jan. & things seem to be looking up. First of all, the Strle situation1 was resolved yesterday when I worked furiously, from 2nd-6th period, to finish (or even begin!) that lab, and was able to hand it in seventh period without any difference in grade. Little did I know, of course, that he ended up accepting them right this very morning, too, but blurting out answers to the psych test in class while simultaneously making a data chart, markers sprawled out on my desk, was a fun, worthwhile experience. I should have an "A" in physics, seeing as the most I could've missed on the final was probably 5 out of 50 and that doesn't even count the 20 x-credit points he seemingly just gave me (it was for a homework notebook that I turned in for the hell of it; I didn't actually expect that without any actual notes, I'd still end up with maximum extra-credit). Also, I am proud to announce that I pulled off a "B" in calculus this semester -- God love the genius who determined that exams would only account for 1/4 of the semester grade, since I pretty much bombed the final... God love Kathy M0gy's2 generous curve, too. That's all I cared about -- a "B," seeing as an "A" was mathematically impossible & a bit of a joke. I just took psychology right now, and to tell you the truth, I don't really care what I got. I mean, I figure I got more than half right, and with my quarter scores in the low 100's (104.4%), I'm not in any trouble at all with a 50%. Not that I'd get that low, but you know what I mean.

1 R@y Strl3 was my physics teacher, a tall, bearded, loose-limbed dude who always seemed to be scowling about something or other. The "situation" referenced was the fact that I completely forgot about a particular lab assignment and was afraid I'd get a zero if I didn't turn it in during the early-morning class period.

2 My calculus teacher, a mostly genial woman with what my friend Adam called "birthin' hips."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home